The first 5G network in the nation was launched by India’s largest telecom company, Jio. Jio 5G is to completely transform the Indian telecom sector because of its dedication to providing millions of people with high-speed, reasonably priced internet.
Availability of JIO 5G
In a few Indian cities, including Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Chennai, JIO has begun offering its 5G services at its start. The business has also expanded its 5G network to new cities and now 365 cities have been covered in India in March. With plans to bring out 5G services to consumers in the upcoming months, the company’s initial focus is on offering 5G services to corporate clients. And to check whether Jio 5G is available in your City or not you can go on Jio website at www.jio.com/5g Jio is now available in 32 states/365 cities.
Benefits of JIO 5G
High-speed internet, reduced latency, and increased network dependability are just a few of the advantages that JIO 5G claims to bring to its consumers. Users may anticipate quick downloads of huge files, flawless streaming of high-definition films, and lag-free gaming experiences with JIO 5G. JIO 5G will also make it possible to employ cutting-edge innovations like augmented reality, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence, which will provide new possibilities for both enterprises and consumers.
How to Activate JIO 5G
To enable JIO 5G, You will need to follow the procedures below:
Before activating JIO 5G, make sure your device is compatible with the network by checking its 5G compatibility. Most of the current devices support 5G, however, you may verify with the manufacturer to confirm.
Install a Jio SIM card: If your device is 5G capable, you must install a Jio SIM card. You can use your old sim but it takes time to activate Jio 5G in that sim if it is been used in a 4G or 3G phone.
First of all, you should check whether Jio 5G is available in your city or not, and you can check on the Jio website at www.jio.com/5g whether your city is provide 5G or not.
Steps to check cities/areas are providing 5G network:-
- Open any browser on your phone and go to www.jio.com/5g website
- If you have any confusion you can also check here whether your device is 5G compatible or not.
- Then scroll down, and you will find the option to check the status of True 5G in your city.
- Just below you will get the option to select your state, click on it and select your state.
- In the next step, it will show you the city of your state where available or not.
- If it is available, click below to show interest.
- After this step, it will ask for your Jio number, fill Jio number, and verify it by entering OTP.
- After that popup, a message will come and then in a few days or hours JIO will send the message of Jio Welcome offer 5G activation.
Follow these steps to use 5G on your smartphone:-
- Check for phone system updates in your setting and also update the Jio app in your Play Store.
- Insert the Jio SIM card into your device if you haven’t and then restart your smartphone.
- Then go to the phone settings and choose the network settings/preferred network type or mobile networks.
- After that select Jio sim and then the preferred network type.
- Select a 5G network.
- Now open the Jio app and check whether your 5G is activated or not yet. You can see the screenshot 5G unlimited will show if your 5G is activated.
JIO 5G Plans
JIO is offering several 5G Internet for free to use if you have an active 4G plan above Rs 239 as it’s in trial mode. This is updated in March 2023. Jio 5G may be charge a price for its plan in the future but right now it’s free all you need is an active internet plan above Rs 239 in your sim.
So in this blog, we have discussed how to activate the Jio 5G in your phone step by step if you have any confusion about any step or getting any Issues while activating Jio 5G in your smartphone then please comment about that we would love to solve the Issue. and also please look at